SONEms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

120223 Girls’ Generation bags two awards at the ’1st GaOn Chart Kpop Awards’!

AndreaLeong
    AndreaLeong
    Moderators
    Moderators

120223 Girls’ Generation bags two awards at the ’1st GaOn Chart Kpop Awards’! Empty 120223 Girls’ Generation bags two awards at the ’1st GaOn Chart Kpop Awards’!

Post by AndreaLeong 2012-02-23, 06:31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The first ever ‘GaOn Chart Kpop Awards’ was held at 7pm KST on February 22nd at the Blue Square Samsung Card Hall in Hannam-dong, Seoul and the event was hosted by Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon alongside composer-broadcaster Joo YoungHoon.

The winners of ‘GaOn Chart Kpop Awards’ are selected based on the aggregate data of digital music sales and album sales collected throughout 2011 and the awards given out include ‘Artists of The Year Award’, ‘New Artist of The Year Award’, ‘Best Music Composer/Lyricist of The Year Award’, ‘Best Performer of The Year Award’ , ‘Technical Excellence of The Year Award’, ‘Best Stylist Award’, ‘New Media Platform Award’, ‘Producer of The Year Award’, ‘Oricon Special Award’, ‘Kpop Contribution Award’, ‘International Song of The Year Award’ and ‘Discovery of The Year Award’.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Girls’ Generation, represented by Taeyeon and Yoona, brought home two big awards from the event — the ‘Oricon Special Award’ for their first Japanese album ‘Girls’ Generation’, which according to Oricon, holds the top sales record, with more than 642,000 copies sold since June 2011, for a Korean artist in Japan and the ‘Album of the Year (4th Quarter) Award’ for their album ‘The Boys’. In the acceptance speech, Yoona said, “I really miss my unnies, although Taeyeon unnie is here too, I really hope that they are beside me now to make the speech together.”

In addition to that, Girls’ Generation’s stylist, Seo SooKyung, won ‘Best Stylist Award’ and MC Taeyeon congratulated her by saying, “SooKyung unnie congrats!”. Seo Sookyung said, “Thank you SONEs for always giving your love and support. Thanks to Girls’ Generation, who has good body figures that always fits perfectly into our outfits.”

The award presentation ceremony were also attended by various Kpop artists including IU, Wonder Girls, Beast, Secret, Davichi, Girl’s Day, Huh Gak, Super Junior, B1A4, etc.