SONEms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

120504 Seohyun appointed Goodwill Ambassador for UN Pavilion Yeosu Expo 2012

AndreaLeong
    AndreaLeong
    Moderators
    Moderators

120504 Seohyun appointed Goodwill Ambassador for UN Pavilion Yeosu Expo 2012 Empty 120504 Seohyun appointed Goodwill Ambassador for UN Pavilion Yeosu Expo 2012

Post by AndreaLeong 2012-05-04, 03:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seohyun has been officially appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Pavilion Yeosu Expo 2012.
    On May 3rd, a representative in charge of the Expo 2012, which will be held starting May 12th stated, “Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun understands the purposes of UN Pavilion and is determined to show the significance of marine environment to the world. Therefore, she has accepted the role of a Goodwill Ambassador.”

The official appointment ceremony of Seohyun as the Goodwill Ambassador was held at end of March this year in the presence of UN Secretary-General Ban KiMoon, who was in Korea to attend the 2012 Nuclear Security Summit.

Ahead of the appointment ceremony, Seohyun who paid attention to the details of the UN Pavilion and its purposes said, “In order to spread the awareness on the importance of marine environment to more people, I shall channel more effort into it”, showing how prepared she was to take up the role.

Seohyun then added, “I’ve always wanted to be like my role model, the UN Secretary-General, Mr. Ban KiMoon whom I have the greatest respect for. It was even more meaningful to be able to receive the UN Pavilion Goodwill Ambassador appointment certificate directly from him.”

Following Seohyun’s appointment, Ban KiMoon said, “Through Seohyun’s activities as the Goodwill Ambassador, we hope that the awareness on the conservation and sustainability of ocean and marine environments could be instilled in students, youth and the public visiting the UN Pavilion.”

Credit: tvdaily.co.kr

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 12:06